Monday, January 12, 2009

Mini Project

Well, I decided on a tiny little project that I'm going to do, knit my boy (toddler - 2yrs) a pair of slippers! What fun, and it will be quick and satisfying.

I'm using a free pattern I found online called 2-strand Shaker Knit Slippers.

UPDATE:

I finished the slippers, they actually only took a few hours. Except, the first pair I knit was too small, so I had to knit two pair. But, that was just another couple hours. I added a couple extra rows at the toes and made them pointy. My little boy looks positively elfin :) I'll update with a pic here eventually. For all my adoring public to ooh and ah over.

Oh yeah, and my next knitting project is going to be a sweater for my little fella. I'm going to do the Sherwood pattern available on Knitty.com. I'm going to use a different green than she did though. Her green was a touch too blue for me. I want a more vibrant leafy green. Anyway, it will be cabley goodness!

No comments: