
Seriously, enough of this foolishness.
My hubby gave me some excellent advice last night. Stop worrying about what people are going to like. Do what I am best at, and get better.
So, enough of this foolishness. I get too excited by all the awesome things I see people create and I want to be able to do it. I want to try my hand at it to see what its like. But, the world doesn't want renaissance men or women anymore. The world wants specialists. There I go, caring about what other people think. The real point is that if I focus on one certain skill I will get better and better at it. That won't happen if I keep getting distracted by every new (to me) thing that comes along. Needle felting, toymaking, paper sculpture, etc. etc. I see these beautiful things people create and I'm like, "I could do that - that looks awesome - how do I do it?" I should focus on what I already know how to do.
Therefore I am going to focus on painting. I don't care if there is already zillions of paint artists on etsy. It doesn't matter. There's also zillions of toymakers and paper artists, etc. etc. So, yeah. I'm going to paint. I know how to paint. I love to paint. I have everything I need to paint. Hopefully someone out there will enjoy my art as much as I do. Or maybe nobody will. Whadevah.
Some of the sketches I did for the art pillows will translate to canvas. Others won't. But that's fine. Its good to be thinking creatively. Think of all the sketchbooks Leonardo filled - he didn't end up painting every little thing he sketched.
Ahh. . .getting back to my roots as a painter. I've always enjoyed painting. Why did I allow myself to get distracted? I'm always allowing myself to get distracted. Its one of my biggest flaws.
Awake! Sleeping Painter!
Dip your brush again
technicolour dreamscapes
monotone moodscapes
whatever
your mind can think
your hand can ink.
My hubby gave me some excellent advice last night. Stop worrying about what people are going to like. Do what I am best at, and get better.
So, enough of this foolishness. I get too excited by all the awesome things I see people create and I want to be able to do it. I want to try my hand at it to see what its like. But, the world doesn't want renaissance men or women anymore. The world wants specialists. There I go, caring about what other people think. The real point is that if I focus on one certain skill I will get better and better at it. That won't happen if I keep getting distracted by every new (to me) thing that comes along. Needle felting, toymaking, paper sculpture, etc. etc. I see these beautiful things people create and I'm like, "I could do that - that looks awesome - how do I do it?" I should focus on what I already know how to do.
Therefore I am going to focus on painting. I don't care if there is already zillions of paint artists on etsy. It doesn't matter. There's also zillions of toymakers and paper artists, etc. etc. So, yeah. I'm going to paint. I know how to paint. I love to paint. I have everything I need to paint. Hopefully someone out there will enjoy my art as much as I do. Or maybe nobody will. Whadevah.
Some of the sketches I did for the art pillows will translate to canvas. Others won't. But that's fine. Its good to be thinking creatively. Think of all the sketchbooks Leonardo filled - he didn't end up painting every little thing he sketched.
Ahh. . .getting back to my roots as a painter. I've always enjoyed painting. Why did I allow myself to get distracted? I'm always allowing myself to get distracted. Its one of my biggest flaws.
Awake! Sleeping Painter!
Dip your brush again
technicolour dreamscapes
monotone moodscapes
whatever
your mind can think
your hand can ink.

No comments:
Post a Comment