Monday, March 3, 2008

Pink Elephants on Parade!


I don't know what it is about pink fabric. There must be thousands of pink elephants out there trapped in yards and yards of pink fabric just waiting to come out because every time I see pink fabric and wonder what I could make out of it I hear their little pink elephanty voices calling, "let us out! let us out!"

My hubby brought in a bag of bedclothes last night for me to use. There was a big pink duvet in there, a fabulous stripey green fabric, and a super cool patchwork quilt. See the pic? The awesomeness wasn't quite captured by the camera. . .you'll have to trust me. There was more, but that's all I could fit in the washing machine last night. So, the pink is for elephants. I wanna make a skirt out of that fabulous green blanket - for me. Mine, all mine! And the quilt is too cool to destroy, so its now the couch blankie.

Still working on crocheting hubby a hat too. I was doubleknitting a reversible hat with a 4x4 rib, but I hated it because I'm not ready to knit without a pattern - yet. So, I'm doing a "simple circle hat" from inner child crochet because I can crochet pretty quick and he's been patiently waiting. . .

About the luxury pillowcases, I made a few sketches last night of some designs that were floating in my head. If I go to town tomorrow, I'm hoping to pick up some polyfill and a yard or so of different solid fabrics - maybe patterns, I'll scout out the sale bin. ^_^ I might get a couple pillowcases too. We'll see what the hubby thinks!

Well, that's all for now - have a great day!

No comments: